Saturday, August 3, 2013

Goofy Goober Finally Finds Time to Blog!

Well, it's 10:17 at night, my hubby is out with the guys, and my kids are watching The Spongebob Squarepants Movie for the million-th time.

"I'm a goofy goober!  ROCK!"



You know that will be in my head (and yours) for a little while!  Sorry.  Now is as good a time as any to blog, right?

So, wow.  Where do I begin?  Things have been slightly psycho since I revealed my writing secret and published a book.  It's a good kind of psycho, though.  The support I've received has been amazing, and I mean FlAmIng AmaZeBaLLs amazing!  Never in a million years did I expect so many people to love my story.  Never.  Getting a good review is like a drug; my own personal brand of heroin.  (This is where Twilight fans - myself included - roll their eyes yet still smile).

Wait...please hold.  A fight is ensuing downstairs between the offspring over a bagel.  One sec.

~~~~

Okay, I'm back.  Crisis averted.  Why are my children eating bagels so late you might ask?  Because they are eating machines!  It's like a 24/7 buffet over here.  I swear I'm only writing to keep food in the house.

Anyway, back to the flaming amazeballs and heroin.  Like I said, things have been great and I've met some really wonderful ladies online who have reviewed my story and already support the sequel 100%.  I'm not going to lie; this makes me nervous and excited.  What if the next book doesn't live up to the first?  I mean, I love it.  Will everyone else?  I'm still waiting for that first inevitable bad review of Guardian.  I'm sweating over here, wondering when it will appear.  The book has only been out just over a month, after all.

Stressing isn't something new for me; just ask those who know me.  But, that's okay because it means I care.  This wouldn't be worth doing if I didn't care, right?  (This is where you nod and say "yes.")  I mean, dreaming of ways to market my book and waking up with ideas is totally normal (again, you nod and say "yes").  Keeping track of reviewers and giveaways I've agreed to participate in via a sticky note jungle is totally status quo (again, yes).  And checking FB and Goodreads like a fecking idiot is also sane.

Yep, it's official.  I am, indeed, a goofy goober.

ROCK!!

I won't keep you; in fact, I think I hear YouTube which means my son is on my Kindle.  Again.  So much for reading tonight; I can sense the battery draining as I type.  So, if you're reading this, it means you support me and for that I am truly grateful.  If you have read Guardian and enjoyed it, I'm glad I could entertain you.  I have a list of those who have gone over and above to promote me and my work, and if there ever comes a time where I'm able to pay it forward, consider yourself PAID.  Because I'm a goofy goober.  We're all goofy goobers.  And we...(wait for it)...

ROCK!!

God, that was awful.  I never claimed to be a comedian.

Thank you!  Good night!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment